In a recent phone interview with Sean Chilton, senior vice-president of the South Zone, Alberta Health Services, confirmed that there is more mould in the Crowsnest Pass Health Centre.
“The mould was found in one of the bathrooms in the long-term care area,” said Chilton. “The roof has leaked in the past, but has been repaired.
We don’t believe the mould is a result of that roof leak,” he said. Chilton explained that the mould is believed to be from the moisture present in the bathroom.
He confirmed that there is no risk that the Crowsnest Health Centre will be closed. Alberta Health Services is not sure when the mould will be removed but assured the Pass Herald that patients have been notified, and are not at risk. This is the second sighting of mould in the hospital this year.